Real Life [For Morons]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life [For Morons]

This is a forum for Real Life [For Morons], a map on Warcraft III.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A better Caracter Interaction on the world?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonic14

A better Caracter Interaction on the world? Empty
PostSubject: A better Caracter Interaction on the world?   A better Caracter Interaction on the world? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 am

Well Mabey you could do some things for the dude your playing such as:
-Go to a dojo or something that will make you Customise the way your character
can be made out like increasing maxium hp or by increasing one stat by de-creasing another stat.

-Visit a plastic surgeon and for a fee he can customise your characters model with objects or color or something like that.

-Way more weapons such as Katanas for a melee fighter or FlameThrowers for some cool pretty colors.

-At a Clothes Store You Could buy Clothes that "stick" to your Character.

-Being able to buy stores and hire people to work there.

-able to join mafia or police and say if you join police mafia people will be hostile
and sometimes if you do a job well they might send an assasin after you and vice versa if you join mafia

-Some Secrets/Quest that may cross pathes and interact with each other.

-Skills you Get from jobs may let you choose a unique choice through some boss quest or random encounter (eg lets say your a doctor and have a healing abilaty and theres a quest where a girls sick and if you get her 3 ngreidents and cook them to make food that presumably heals her instead you could use your doctor abilaty to heal her.

Thats all the things i could think of now. Please Share ideas.
Back to top Go down
Shadow_BladerX

Shadow_BladerX

PostSubject: Re: A better Caracter Interaction on the world?   A better Caracter Interaction on the world? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm not a map maker, but I'll just help the actual map makers look through this (and maybe help the final project. I intend on finally learning a map making program starting SC2.)

-Go to a dojo or something that will make you Customise the way your character
can be made out like increasing maxium hp or by increasing one stat by de-creasing another stat.
Isn't this already in RLFM? The Gym lets you raise STR and AGI, the mensa lets you raise INT, etc. I doubt that anything short of the removal of the hero system will change this.
-Visit a plastic surgeon and for a fee he can customise your characters model with objects or color or something like that.
See the clothes store example for part of this. Infact, unless the surgeon allows you to do something like change genders or such, all these things probably can fall under the clothes store itself.
-Way more weapons such as Katanas for a melee fighter or FlameThrowers for some cool pretty colors.
As fun as this may be, why would you use a sword in space... maybe if it was a laser sword. Nah, that could never work.

But seriously, this idea is nice, then again, that puts more strain on the map makers. For all we know, Starcraft 2 has no hero system.(Doubtful). And if there is, this puts more strain on the map makers.

...Then again, if they kept the scrapped firebat's attack in this game, flamethrower should be easy. And the Dark Templar's attack should be enough to comply to a katana.
-At a Clothes Store You Could buy Clothes that "stick" to your Character.
That would depend on what we get to stick on. Warcraft 3 had the luxuries of having so many models already made by fans/ripped from games. If SC2 won't let you use WC3 models for it, this can setback this idea quite some time.
-Being able to buy stores and hire people to work there.
Seems nice. Then again, also may lead to some severe exploits if some other features get implemented (Example, you buy a jewel store. You get all the gold in the store. Sell the gold to a pawn shop for profit. Repeat.)
-able to join mafia or police and say if you join police mafia people will be hostile
and sometimes if you do a job well they might send an assasin after you and vice versa if you join mafia
Well, if your in the mafia, the cops wouldn't become hostile unless you became notorious. The cops wouldn't send an assassin either, but if you did a severe crime, swat may show up (for all I know.) As for the mafia sending an assassin to a high up cop, that's perfectly reasonable for what I see.
-Some Secrets/Quest that may cross pathes and interact with each other.

I assume they already will be doing this, but it's just a guess.
-Skills you Get from jobs may let you choose a unique choice through some boss quest or random encounter (eg lets say your a doctor and have a healing abilaty and theres a quest where a girls sick and if you get her 3 ngreidents and cook them to make food that presumably heals her instead you could use your doctor abilaty to heal her.
This... actually sounds interesting. This seems like it isn't too hard, as this would either mean A) Lower her HP and have the foods just heal her, no other foods heal but spells can or B) Make an alternate trigger to do the same effect. This however sounds a little bug attracting however. Sure, maybe HP items can't work but a MP item that also heals HP may, causing you to just skip the quest that way. But in the same vein, this is what the entire idea is going after isn't it?

...oh right, my ideas. Well, perhaps an expanded pet system. I'm not talking about a second hero, but perhaps an evolution tree instead of level up item.

...And throw in a terratron action figure, if you do this at least I'll be content XP
Back to top Go down
MoronSonOfBoron

MoronSonOfBoron

PostSubject: Re: A better Caracter Interaction on the world?   A better Caracter Interaction on the world? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:24 am

Improving Stats: As in RLFM, we plan to have multiple ways for players to affect their character's stats.

Customizing Appearance: Clothes might be easy to do with the use of Actors, but it's a resource-intensive add-on that Harken Dell and I will want to save for later as it requires finding/creating good 3D models that can be glommed onto characters. Changing tint color is always an option, though.

Weapons: Galaxy Editor actually lets you add/remove Weapons to individual Units on the fly, but we have yet to experiment with this.

Owning Stores: We haven't considered this option, but it is certainly interesting. We do want players to participate in the world economy, and even produce some of its goods that other players will want to use.

The Mafia: We're not going to have an out-and-out "Mafia" faction that puts you at odds with the "Police", but we do intend to have a miniature turf war going on.

Quests: We have big plans for quests. Smile

Job Bonus Abilities: We're looking into making job bonuses more functional for the player. Letting them affect quest outcomes is a good idea.

Pet Evolution: Good idea!
Back to top Go down
http://samutoka.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A better Caracter Interaction on the world?   A better Caracter Interaction on the world? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A better Caracter Interaction on the world?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life [For Morons] :: Game Development :: Sidereal Life [For Morons] :: Suggestions-
Jump to: