Real Life [For Morons]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life [For Morons]

This is a forum for Real Life [For Morons], a map on Warcraft III.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some ideas.

Go down 
+5
Harken_Dell
nightshade123
candycornxdemon
AlexZ22
GrandKaiser
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Come on guys, i need some ideas to add...
Back to top Go down
https://reallifeformorons.forumotion.com
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Purpose for bank?   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 pm

You could perhaps make the bank have a purpose, e.g. issuing credit cards, which could be used at stores instead of cash, and you would have to pay the debt in time or the account closes, and the police arrest you. Maybe in future versions, you could add real life features like reward programs, or interest rates for credit cards.
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Interesting idea, iv already been rolling around the thought of adding money depositing to the bank. Its definitely possible. The credit card idea is a great one too..
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:14 pm

What do you think of the bank in Fantasy Life? You deposit money and you earn interest over a period of time, maybe it could be used in RLFM too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 pm

I was also considering making muggers, thieves and pickpockets "steal" money from you when they attack you. Giving you even more of a reason to deposit money. Hmm... interest... thats an INTRESTing idea lol. Only one thing, if you type -respawn it WILL empty your account, thus giving more of a reason to find an heir to your money. Also I'm going to disable $ trading when your dead.
Back to top Go down
candycornxdemon

candycornxdemon

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

What about adding a zoo that occasionally comes out at night and attacks random people. You would also have the opportunity to attack it and if you defeat it you get to keep the animal as a pet.
Back to top Go down
nightshade123

nightshade123

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm

candycornxdemon wrote:
What about adding a zoo that occasionally comes out at night and attacks random people. You would also have the opportunity to attack it and if you defeat it you get to keep the animal as a pet.

maybe as a random event like the rioters but it would be a bitch to have it happen real frequently
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Vigilante?   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:20 am

How about having a vigilante in the game, like Batman. Say, you would have to find Batman's suit, if you equip it, you become Batman and the law will automatically unally you. Batman would be stronger than normal players, but he wouldn't be able to equip guns. It would definitely make the game more interesting as everyone races to find the suit. Also maybe add a Bat Cave, Bat Mobile or Bike, etc.
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm

The key words there Alex is "be stronger than other players"

What separates Real Life [For Morons] from Fantasy Life and LoaP is that no player is stronger than the next. There is nothing that is a one-shot that people fight over. (Except of course housing, but thats to be fixed in the future.) The goddamn batman just doesnt fit. Nor does He-Man, Aqua Man, or Superman.

However, a "vigilante superhero" as an event-boss, that just might work...
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 pm

GrandKaiser wrote:
The key words there Alex is "be stronger than other players"

What separates Real Life [For Morons] from Fantasy Life and LoaP is that no player is stronger than the next. There is nothing that is a one-shot that people fight over. (Except of course housing, but thats to be fixed in the future.) The goddamn batman just doesnt fit. Nor does He-Man, Aqua Man, or Superman.

However, a "vigilante superhero" as an event-boss, that just might work...

I guess you're right... sorry Sad

Ah... how about just a SUIT of some kind of vigilante (e.g. Batman) if you earn the Sheriff job (is it still included?). It would be kind of cool I guess, one more item to collect Smile

EDIT: Sorry for double posting

Last edited by alex.v.svirski on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:15 pm

instead of double-posting, just edit your old post and add it in.

But yes, a suit (like the monster suit) sounds like a good idea, I already removed the sheriff "job" as it was rigged, however, if you find me a batman model, I could definitely add it in as a reward instead of the rigged item & police summon.
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 am

I saw a Batman model in this map: Comic Book Heroes

Many other ideas for suits in there too...
Back to top Go down
candycornxdemon

candycornxdemon

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:07 pm

It seems this "suit" is targeted mostly towards males....
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:00 pm

candycornxdemon wrote:
It seems this "suit" is targeted mostly towards males....

Yeah good point :\

Like I said, there are other ideas for suits in that map.
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Combat Car?   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:41 am

How about a kind of kind of car that can attack? This would be useful so when you leave your car, it's not totally defenseless against attackers, like muggers for example.
Back to top Go down
candycornxdemon

candycornxdemon

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:36 pm

alex.v.svirski wrote:
How about a kind of kind of car that can attack? This would be useful so when you leave your car, it's not totally defenseless against attackers, like muggers for example.

Yeah, I agree with Alex.
I was working at the local strip club when all of a sudden. My beautiful brand new leopard car was attack by an angry mob. After they totally destroyed my car they chased me like half way down the map and cornered me to my death. I was so pissed because I just started and I didn't know I ran to a dead end.
If your not going to add weapons to it at least make a shield that won't brake easily. Especially since the price of cars aren't as cheap anymore.
Back to top Go down
Harken_Dell

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 am

Yeah...we never got the car implementations just right in MSOB so... sorry for that. We gotta make them better/more useful/less of a drag somehow.
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 pm

well, I was considering adding a "manual" driving ability which would lock your screen to the triggering car and make your arrow keys move the car around, if you hit a person it would do damage and knock them aside and give em a stun. If you hit a wall or other vehicle it would do damage to YOUR car.
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm

GrandKaiser wrote:
well, I was considering adding a "manual" driving ability which would lock your screen to the triggering car and make your arrow keys move the car around, if you hit a person it would do damage and knock them aside and give em a stun. If you hit a wall or other vehicle it would do damage to YOUR car.

I think that's a great idea! It would a whole new element of FUN to the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:13 pm

somehow i would implement a drifting so that once you get going, you drift if you turn. Also your speed will determine how much damage is done.
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm

GrandKaiser wrote:
somehow i would implement a drifting so that once you get going, you drift if you turn. Also your speed will determine how much damage is done.

What about the police getting involved if you drive too fast in a certain place, that would also teach you to be more careful.
Back to top Go down
MoronSonOfBoron

MoronSonOfBoron

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 am

While you're at it, put in stoplights and lane changes.
Back to top Go down
http://samutoka.deviantart.com
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:47 am

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
While you're at it, put in stoplights and lane changes.

Yeah. And how about traffic too? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harken_Dell

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:19 pm

MSOB and I used to ponder over the similarities that RLFM already had with sandbox open-world games like GTA3...

*scared*
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: City of Drugs elements?   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 am

I think Real Life [for Morons] could use some aspects of the map named "Once in the City of Drugs". It has a lot elements which, in my opinion, could be useful in Real Life [for Morons]. Examples:
Having MELEE weapons, not just ranged. Like the sword.
Cars knock back an organic unit if they touch it.
Cars engines' can be upgraded to make them faster.
Having armor you can wear to protect yourself.
Having a respect point system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some ideas.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life [For Morons] :: Game Development :: Real Life [For Morons] :: Suggestions-
Jump to: