Real Life [For Morons]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life [For Morons]

This is a forum for Real Life [For Morons], a map on Warcraft III.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some ideas.

Go down 
+5
Harken_Dell
nightshade123
candycornxdemon
AlexZ22
GrandKaiser
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

Need some ideas. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:40 pm

armor already exists, more weapons would mean recoding the whole thing (btw msob and hd, you REALLY need to make a better system for adding weapons, such as unit groups.). Engine upgrades are possible, but needed? And the driving thing will *probably* be implemented in my next version. Oh and explain what you mean by "respect point system"
Back to top Go down
https://reallifeformorons.forumotion.com
AlexZ22

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:00 pm

GrandKaiser wrote:
armor already exists, more weapons would mean recoding the whole thing (btw msob and hd, you REALLY need to make a better system for adding weapons, such as unit groups.). Engine upgrades are possible, but needed? And the driving thing will *probably* be implemented in my next version. Oh and explain what you mean by "respect point system"

Er... the armor in Real Life [for Morons] is more of an item than a unit, so it's a bit different from the one in City of Drugs. And the "respect point system" is a system in City of Drugs, so you gain respect from doing certain things for the police or mafia (e.g. City Patrol, Teamwork Bonus in killing an enemy, etc.), and the points you earn, unlock abilities. And for the weapons, perhaps you could add in a new quest to earn a melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
Harken_Dell

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:16 pm

GrandKaiser wrote:
(btw msob and hd, you REALLY need to make a better system for adding weapons, such as unit groups.)

T_T

Cut us some slack will ya? For all intents and purposes, RLFM was our first and ONLY map that we've ever really completed! (Let us never speak of our one or two StarCraft Maps... *shivers*)
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Harken_Dell wrote:
T_T

Cut us some slack will ya? For all intents and purposes, RLFM was our first and ONLY map that we've ever really completed! (Let us never speak of our one or two StarCraft Maps... *shivers*)

lol just as long as more easily expandable systems are used in RLFME, slack is given.
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm

alex.v.svirski wrote:
GrandKaiser wrote:

Er... the armor in Real Life [for Morons] is more of an item than a unit, so it's a bit different from the one in City of Drugs. And the "respect point system" is a system in City of Drugs, so you gain respect from doing certain things for the police or mafia (e.g. City Patrol, Teamwork Bonus in killing an enemy, etc.), and the points you earn, unlock abilities. And for the weapons, perhaps you could add in a new quest to earn a melee weapon.

Actually, scratch that. It would make the game too competitive and I don't exactly know what the point of it would be. Unless any of you have an idea to improve upon this, just ignore it Razz
Back to top Go down
Harken_Dell

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:24 am

I don't think it's a "bad" idea to have factions. In fact, one early idea MSOB had for RLFME was to have an area with two competing gangs, and you could choose a side and earn rep points. That was a very, very early idea, but yours sort of is a bigger version isn't it Alex?

Hmmm... it's worth thinking about, a respect point system, we just need to figure out exactly what factions players should be able to gain respect with, what that means if they can "save" their progress from one map to another, and what that might, or might not, unlock.

Thanks Alex! These are all good ideas, the hard part is figuring out the details, and whether it's a good idea that belongs to a different kind of map!
Back to top Go down
AlexZ22

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 am

Harken_Dell wrote:
I don't think it's a "bad" idea to have factions. In fact, one early idea MSOB had for RLFME was to have an area with two competing gangs, and you could choose a side and earn rep points. That was a very, very early idea, but yours sort of is a bigger version isn't it Alex?

Hmmm... it's worth thinking about, a respect point system, we just need to figure out exactly what factions players should be able to gain respect with, what that means if they can "save" their progress from one map to another, and what that might, or might not, unlock.

Thanks Alex! These are all good ideas, the hard part is figuring out the details, and whether it's a good idea that belongs to a different kind of map!

Well it would be very hard to roleplay of we did have factions Sad
I don't know really, perhaps you and MSOB should play the map, maybe it might give you two some ideas?
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Admin
GrandKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Hmm... maybe I should try making a "rival gang" in RLFM, just to see how it goes with the populous.
Back to top Go down
Enablthen

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:34 am

Don't forget to add the games on the Game Cube, maybe make the game more "crowded" as some events, and I am not lying, scare me! affraid Such as the zombie thing, I really want to uncover the secret of uncovering the zombies but it won't be fun anymore, and since you have made the game empty, zombies go everywhere and for some reason scare the crap outta me when I come to one and the villagers seem to have fun having a picnic as they happily let zombies kill the players and the police... Maybe a little more animation from the people? Maybe make the game less creepier and make the game funnier?

Back to top Go down
Real_Life_Guy

Real_Life_Guy

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:51 am

I think you have to increase jobs ( ex. plane pilot, boxer, miner, fireman etc.), some more places (ex. airport, factory, fire station etc.), more guns (ex. assault rifles,shotgun, grenades etc.)and growing a child in school

PS
Please change the "Transferring Viruses" to "Saving". It's giving me creeps.....and the Bonus Checks. They keep appearing in the inventory even you do something easy about your job or even do nothing but wait.

PSS
Also add some thieves that can go inside your house, destroy and steal items. That makes a reason to use EZ Home Cooking Kit after you buy s house. And please make that event rare.

Last edited by Real_Life_Guy on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
IceLizardz

IceLizardz

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:17 am

Hm.. I think for each [INTERACTION] with a person or objects..
Its Should Look More Nice If U Put The Interacted Person Name.. Confused? I Mean Like
EXAMPLE

MAN: hello there [Like This]
OFFICER: im the great there ever was [And Also Like This]

Showing the interacted person/object NAME before the words they say

AND MORE.. ITS YOU TO DECIDE Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harken_Dell

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm

IceLizardz wrote:
Hm.. I think for each [INTERACTION] with a person or objects..
Its Should Look More Nice If U Put The Interacted Person Name.. Confused? I Mean Like
EXAMPLE

MAN: hello there [Like This]
OFFICER: im the great there ever was [And Also Like This]

Showing the interacted person/object NAME before the words they say

AND MORE.. ITS YOU TO DECIDE Laughing

Hmm... that's a simple suggestion IceLizardz, but not bad... I'll remember it for sidereal life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas.   Need some ideas. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some ideas.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life [For Morons] :: Game Development :: Real Life [For Morons] :: Suggestions-
Jump to: